SSIS SEL Brief + Mental Health Scales Expanded User Guide & Technical Manual
The SSIS SEL Brief + Mental Health Scales Expanded User Guide & Technical Manual provides a comprehensive documentation of the SSIS Brief Scales family of rating scale assessments.
The Manual (digital addition only) provides users…
- Background on the development of both the SEL and Emotional Behavior Concerns Scales (EBC-Internalizing and EBC-Externalizing).
- Information on SEL and EBC scores and the use of criterion-referenced performance frameworks to translate raw scores to meaningful performance levels.
- Evidence that supports the reliability, validity, and fairness of scores resulting from both the SEL Scales and the EBC Scales.
- Guidance on the use of these scales to make decisions regarding screening and intervention planning within MTSS systems.
AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 2020
- Digital version of manual (flipbook & pdf)
Know Before You Buy:
- This item is for the manual ONLY
- View the product page for the K-12 Assessments or Preschool Assessments to purchase this manual bundled with access to the corresponding assessments.
Discounts available for research projects and multi-year SEL initiatives.
Contact Us to learn more.
Available on backorder
The SSIS SEL Brief + Mental Health Scales Expanded User Guide & Technical Manual provides a comprehensive documentation of the SSIS Brief Scales family of rating scale assessments. This 7-chapter manual documents the historical roots, the uses, and the technical development of both the SSIS SEL Brief Scales (SSIS SELb Scales) and the expansion of these scales to include the Mental Health Scales (SSIS SELb+ MH Scales) focusing on Emotional Behavior Concerns. Substantial evidence is provided for the reliability, validity, and fairness of both measures resulting scores. Collectively, the evidence supports the use of both multi-informant (teacher, student, and parent) measures in the screening of students ages 3 to 18 and for intervention planning with the SSIS SEL Classwide Intervention Program or other SEL programs aligned with the CASEL SEL Competency Framework.
Teacher Brief Form, Parent Brief Form, Student Brief Form