SSIS SEL Brief Scales User Guide & Technical Manual
A brief, multi-rater (teacher, parent, & student) assessment of children ages 3-18 focusing exclusively on Social Emotional Learning skills (20 items, 5 subscales: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationships, and responsible decision making). Student version intended for 8-18 year olds. Preschool version for 3-5 year olds.
The Manual (digital edition) provides users ….
- Background on development of the five SSIS SEL Brief Scales
- Information on SEL scores and Competency-Reference Performance Levels for reporting results
- Psychometric evidence for reliability and validity of scores from each assessment
- Use of the assessments to make decisions in a MTSS or PBIS model of student services
AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 2020
- Digital version of manual (flipbook & pdf)
Know Before You Buy:
- This item is for the manual ONLY
- View the product page for the K-12 Assessments or Preschool Assessments to purchase this manual bundled with access to the corresponding assessments.
Discounts available for research projects and multi-year SEL initiatives.
Contact Us to learn more.
Available on backorder
A brief, multi-rater (teacher, parent, & student) assessment of children ages 3-18 focusing exclusively on Social Emotional Learning skills (20 items, 5 subscales: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationships, and responsible decision making).
- Student version intended for 8-18 year olds.
- Preschool version for 3-5 year olds.
Administered online. Requires approximately 5-6 minutes to complete and provides detailed group and individualized reports with intervention recommendations for instruction using the SSIS SEL Classwide Intervention Program or other programs that are content aligned with the CASEL SEL Competency Framework. Useful for Universal/Tier 1 and Targeted/Tier 2 level screening assessments. Technical Manual provides substantial evidence for score reliability and validity. Note the items for the Brief SEL Scales are a select sample of items from the SSIS SEL Rating Forms.
Teacher Brief Form, Parent Brief Form, Student Brief Form